Pair pose as landscapers to steal about $30,000 worth of jewelry - WPLG Local 10
Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Pair pose as landscapers to steal about $30,000 worth of jewelry - WPLG Local 10

MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, Fla. - Police are trying to identify two people who posed as landscapers to steal thousands of dollars' worth of jewelry from a Kendall couple's home.

The burglary occurred May 29 at a home on Camino Circle.

Miami-Dade police on Tuesday released composite sketches of the man and woman.

Detectives said the pair posed as landscapers to gain access to the elderly couple's home.

Investigators said the woman distracted the 88-year-old man and his 82-year-old wife by luring them outside while her partner in crime stole about $30,000 worth of jewelry.

"They took my grandmother's engagement ring, my grandmother's wedding band," Cecilia Ribas told Local 10 News. "They took another ring that my father had given my mother, a pair of little diamond earrings that my father had given her, a diamond cross that my sister-in-law had given my mother and they took a whole set of sterling silverware that belonged to my grandmother."

Once the husband and wife returned inside, they noticed their jewelry was gone and called police.

"It's horrible," Ribas said. "I don't know what to say because I have nothing nice to say."

Anyone with information about the theft is asked to call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS.

Copyright 2019 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.




- Copyright © Jewelry - Blogger Templates - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -