Bellevue mom creates inspirational jewelry line after heartbreak - seattlerefined.com
Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Bellevue mom creates inspirational jewelry line after heartbreak - seattlerefined.com

At first glance, it looks like a beautiful necklace - but there's so much more to it. There's a hidden message in every piece.

Artist and Designer Maja Arnold creates inspirational jewelry from her Bellevue home, using letters or initials that transform into meaningful works of art.

There are pieces that symbolize words like Love, Hope, Happy and Kind, but it's the special, custom-made pieces that really represent Maja's mission.

"[The] first necklace I ever made was my three children, Ella, Lukas and Isabella," Arnold explained, "My inspiration behind my jewelry brand came when I had twins and one of my twins passed away from SIDS."

"When Isabella passed away, I said to God, 'please give me my baby girl back.' Two years later, against all odds, the doctors told me there was no way to get pregnant, but I got pregnant with a girl named Ella," said Arnold.

Unfortunately, when Ella was one years old, Arnold's other twin son, Lukas was diagnosed with stage three cancer. He fought his cancer diagnosis and is now six years cancer free.

After everything her family has gone through, especially losing a child, Arnold was searching for something to give her strength.

"I was really desperate to find something to keep with me and to keep [Isabella's] memory alive, and I couldn't find anything. I was googling jewelry and googling things that I can carry with me at all times and I couldn't find anything that represented me and my style," said Arnold. "One day I was in the kitchen, I have been an artist all my life, and it just came to me. I started drawing and sketching initials of my children, including the one that passed away. This is how my business started.

Now people from all over are using Arnold's custom-made jewelry as a way to honor loved ones, past and present. Each piece represents a personal story and is wearable fashion of the highest quality to be cherished for a lifetime.

"My whole message right now is to inspire people and [that] no one has it easy. Life is hard and I created this business to make people feel better through jewelry, t-shirts or whatever it takes, that's the goal." said Arnold.

Arnold was even featured in Good Housekeeping Magazine and most recently got the attention of superstar John Legend.

"The coolest thing that happened recently is that my son and I went to LA [and] we were apart of John Legend's music video. The video [was] all about love. It's going to be beautiful and to be a part of something so beautiful, spreading love, just like he's trying and I'm trying, we have the same goal and mission. It was amazing," said Arnold.

As for Isabella, Arnold says she may not be here anymore, but her daughter will always be close to her heart.

"I want her to be proud. She's my inspiration. Bad things happen for a reason sometimes and when you have bad [things] happen you need to take it and make something beautiful out of it. That's my memory, that's my inspiration and something beautiful came out of it."

A portion of the proceeds of all sales through MajaArnold.com is donated to Seattle Children’s Hospital.

Maja Arnold custom made jewelry can take up to two weeks. To learn more about Maja Arnold Jewelry go to https://majaarnold.com/




- Copyright © Jewelry - Blogger Templates - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -